We empower all our children to engage fully in all aspects of school life. We do not see SEND as a barrier to accessing the full curriculum and ensure that children with SEND are fully included in all activities in order to promote the highest levels of achievement.
To do this, we:
- Ensure that all children with SEND are provided with enhanced provision on top of our Quality First Teaching offer, such as providing children with language delay with visual aids and prompts.
- Ensure that all pupils have access to the school curriculum and all school activities, for example; additional adult support to model and support learning, adaptive teaching approaches and learning experiences and activities.
- Ensure every child has the entitlement to a sense of achievement through celebrating progress with parents, for example; we have a weekly achievement assembly where academic and non-academic progress is celebrated.
- When planning activities such as visits and trips, SEND children are considered to ensure they can fully participate, for example; staff will visit places and complete risk assessments.
- Provide our pupils with a key adult who ‘checks-in’ with the pupil each day