Our Vision Statement
Our school vision is underpinned by our school motto:
Sunnybrow Primary School: a place where every child has the chance to
Healthy and Happy
Empowered to Exceed
At the heart of everything we do, is the drive to ensure that our children are empowered to exceed during their time in Sunnybrow Primary and as they make their way in the world beyond the security of our lovely village. Sunnybrow children will be a powerful force to be reckoned with as they enter the adult world. They will have a strong moral compass and be able to think ‘big’ so that they can progress onto the next chapter of their lives with the knowledge, skills and experience to achieve their dreams.
In order for children to achieve academically, we believe children need to feel safe and be happy, healthy and nurtured. Every child needs a champion and it is our mission to ensure that every member of our staff, teaching and non-teaching are part of that cheer squad.
When you walk through our school, you will see and feel a family network. We strive to develop strong relationships between children, staff and parents. Emotional wellbeing and mental health is at the centre of school life: there is no stigma here around mental health. We want our pupils to be proud of who they are as we encourage and embrace the individuality of every member of our school community and strive to ensure that everyone is happy and healthy by being able to be their authentic self.
By the time our children leave in Year 6, we want our children to have the tools they need to emotionally regulate and be happy, healthy and safe in the real world and online. And when they are struggling, our staff will have the tools to support and nurture the children by engaging them in restorative conversations to repair relationships and help children draw on the tools they need to move forward
These aims are designed to ensure that the school meets the needs of all, regardless of: gender, gender identity, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, race and nationality, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We strive to include and engage all pupils and to prepare them for full participation in a diverse society.
We empower our children to exceed by:
- Creating an inclusive community in which everyone is equally valued, respected and cared for, regardless of gender, gender identity, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, race and nationality, religion or belief and sexual orientation;
- Developing strong partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and the wider community;
- Encouraging social, moral, spiritual and cultural growth by instilling a core set of character values within our children; our children are supported to follow the Sunnybrow way and show HEART
- Creating a shared vision of collective responsibility for mental health, to enrich our own lives and those around us, ensuring that every voice is heard no matter how it is expressed or communicated;
- Providing a creative and challenging curriculum which encourages independence and promotes life-long learning and high aspirations, within a positive and vibrant environment that motivates and inspires. The unique abilities and achievements of pupils are recognised and nurtured;
- Raising awareness of personal safety while providing a secure environment with clear and effective procedures ensuring the safety of everyone;
- Equipping pupils with the skills and knowledge to function well as citizens of the future.
Our Character Values
The children and staff have produced their own set of character values that will we believe will help equip our children with values they need to lead flourishing lives. We also feel they are reflective of the British Values. These values are modelled by the whole school community so we can promote the development of them in our children. We strive to follow the ‘Sunnybrow way’ by showing:
- Respect and Resilience